Thursday, July 8, 2010

Getting Out of Dodge or Zonies Place of Refuge


When it gets to be this time of the year in the Sonoran desert, all I can think about is staying cool..So one of the best places to go to is the Beach..But you might think, the beach in AZ? Well, of course not..California is only a 6 hour drive to the cool Pacific Ocean.
Now, if you are fortunate, you may know a buddy that lives there, or even a relative.
I have both, but I stay on our Searay 27 foot boat. It's right on the water in Marina del Rey. Once I arrive at Santa Monica Yacht Harbor, I park my Prius, and never get in it until I have to drive back to Phoenix.
I usually end up walking to Venice Beach with the husband, or one of my beautiful daughters. If that doesn't get me far enough, then I can hop on one of the bikes and go either to Manhattan Beach or North to Santa Monica.
The purpose is to relax, and mainly to be cool, calm and collected.. Like most Zonies, California is never too far to get to, and not that much of an expense.

No comments:

Post a Comment