Monday, July 12, 2010

Where there is ART, there is total coolness..

I'm just back from "living the blog" life in Los Angeles, and again my brain is conjuring up images of coolness and respite.. The weather was so what I blogged..it was 68 degrees in Marina del Rey on the boat. Perfect for me.. People were complaining that there isn't enough summer there yet.. People from all over the planet go to Venice Beach.. Some to watch the "creative street performers" and so do we.. From a guy who has been playing guitar on roller blades for over 28 years (heck, I remember him when I was in HS, and us gals went to Santa Monica pier)..to kids dancing and walking on broken glass. The cool blue sky matched with the water was like a bookend in between the freaks on Venice.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not judging, just observing..haha...
A couple of bike rides and the enjoyment of being outside with loving company, is good for the soul.
This week at the Phoenix Art Museum is the continuing exhibit of Cezanne work.
Hint: There is a free day at the museum..you have to find out what day that is..
You can stay all day and contemplate what a master he truly was..his playfulness
and willingness to "combine political and social" aspects to his whimiscal art.
I'm going on Thursday..in the am and perhaps through to the pm..I don't know as of yet..Au Revoir!

No comments:

Post a Comment